Friday, September 11, 2009

First Bolg!

To me success is setting out to do something, and completing it to your fullest potential, giving something with your all, to the end that your ‘all’ will expand. I think I’ve already achieved creative success in a number of my personal goals, but it’s now time for me to transfer some of that into my professional goals, and maybe creating new professional goals.

Within this course I will measure my success largely by employability, and it will mean a lot to me if I can leave confident that the skills I’ve acquired will be useful to me in the job force. But my goals extend beyond that.
Personal/professional goals:

•I want to be just as comfortable creating on a computer as I am in my sketch book.
•I want to close the gap between what I can visualize in my mind’s eye, and what I end up with as a finished product.
•I want to leave with lots of portfolio material.
•I want to build my own website, something I can use professionally.
•I want to be employable! I need to find myself a job that I can enjoy, that I can grow and learn in, and that will pay the bills!

My greatest source of inspiration: two things – pattern and colour.
It’s the infinity of pattern that turns me on. It never ends it never begins it just is. I love to create pattern, I mean it’s everywhere anyways, but the challenge of creating something with a beautifully repeating dynamic flow or a jutting coarse repetitious imbalance . . . I love it. Patterns, I seek them out everywhere.

Colour inspires me in that working with colour is something that is always an extreme challenge to me. Working with colour for me is like holding a ferret, just when I think I have a good grip, it snakes right out of my hands! But I think the secret is to be bold and bossy and not let colour rule you.
Chris

7 comments:

  1. I just realised how ridiculous it is that I site colour as one of my greates inspirations and have set this up as a black and white blog site!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your site. It is pretty good for starters, and given that for some of us this is our first time.

    Good Luck,

    Tariq

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was very quick and to the point. Awsome blog.I like how mentioned colour as your inspiration. I was laughing though when you pointed out having black as your template site but then again there wasn't much to choose from so don't feel bad. You said what everyone is thinking.... Job we love to do that pays well !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your moustache picture... lol!! and HAHA at the black background... I guess it could be worse - black background with YELLOW COMIC SANS font!!! *shiver*... anyways...


    "I want to leave with lots of portfolio material." - I totally forgot to mention this in my blog... it is soo important to have a good portfolio, hopefully our class will help us with that! Im sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  5. First off...that photo rules!

    I like how you said that you wanted to be as comfortable creating on your computer as you are in your sketchbook, this is something that is a goal of mine as well. But i didn't include that in my post.

    I'm starting to think that my post was too short...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great points Chris, and looks like many share your thoughts on that. I'm sure you will feel as comfortable creating on the computer as you do in your sketchbook...it gets really fun when you start to merge and combine the two as well!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.