
Self Critique:
I feel that I adequately fulfilled the goal of the assignment though my piece used line and volume more than plane to depict three-dimensional space.
I’m pretty sure that my piece clearly demonstrates the element of volume and I think I was successful in creating depth even though my perspective isn’t exactly perfect (that back arm just keeps floating to the front of the picture plane no matter how many times I adjust it! Arg!)
As far as chances go, I feel that I took a few risks, my object wasn’t exactly a prime candidate for drawing in proper two point perspective while getting used to a beast such as the pen tool! And I also really experimented a lot with the gradient tool, which has given me a far greater understanding of how lots of the logos I see every day were so smoothly shaped by value changes.
Wow, quite the complicated object you have chosen. I think you have demonstrated plane and volume very well and challenging yourself with the curves on the sunglesses. I like how you've used the gradient to fill in the tint on the lenses. I would rather you have left the horizon line and vanishing points on the 2-point perspective drawing so it gives us a visual of your progress, and how you have used it.
ReplyDeleteI have also drawn the "Plane and Volume" paper out of the pile and I do agree that this assignment was more focused on volume rather than plane.
sorry, I didn't erase the grid or the perspective guide lines, I just hid them for my screen shot because it didn't feel like a finished project with all those extra lines!
ReplyDelete